Sample By: Deana Clark
To have a healthy, happy, solid marriage you need to have great communication skills, healthy sex and intimacy. Most importantly you both need to have fun. But there are some things that can ruin a marriage. It is important to know what they are, how to avoid them and how to correct them.
1. Jealous- Jealousy will kill any happy marriage. It is okay to be a little jealous but don’t overdo it. If you yourself in a place where you are so jealous that you need to control your partner, then things are definitely out of control. You need to have trust in order for your marriage to work.
2. Resentment- Do you find yourself picking on everything your partner does like leaving socks on the floor or not doing the dirty dishes in the sink? You really should try to accept your partner for the way they are, faults and all. Not everyone is perfect.
3. No communication- Having good communication is vital to any marriage. If you have an issue with your partner, talk to them about it. Don’t accuse or blame them, but communicate your feelings.
4. Unrealistic expectations- We all have our ideas of what our partner should be like. But you really can’t change someone either. You can expect certain things like your partner being faithful to you but expecting them to pick up after themselves every time is totally unrealistic. Let your partner be themselves and love them for who they are.
5. Not making time- If you both have full time jobs as well as kids, it is hard to find time for your partner. If you don’t spend time together, you will more than likely drift apart. Find the time by hiring a babysitter and spending time just the two of you.
6. No affection- If there is no affection in a marriage, the marriage will crumble and fall. Even if everything else is going good, if there is no affection, there is no marriage. Even just hugging your partner once a day goes a long ways.
7. No gratitude- You don’t have to praise everything your partner does but not showing any gratitude at all may make your partner feel like they are not appreciated or being taken for granted. Give your partner a compliment for helping with the dishes or cooking dinner when you have to work late.
These little things will help you marriage stay strong!
A C R Writing
We are a group of freelance writers, ready to share our lives and our expertise with our readers!