It seems like kids always wait until the last minute to let parents know about school projects. Your child has a presentation due in the morning and needs an easel to present with, but you don’t have time to go to the store and buy one. Here’s a quick and easy way to make a paper easel with supplies you already have around the house!
1. Print the pattern on a piece of printer paper and cut out. Gather all materials needed.
2. Choose one piece of cardboard to be the base cardboard. Mark the center line. This can be done horizontally or vertically.
3. Cut on the heavy lines around the locking arm of the pattern.
4. Trace the pattern onto the second piece of cardboard, including the locking arm section and cut on the heavy lines on the cardboard. Trace the dotted lines on cardboard.
5. Fold on the center line of the cardboard. Fold the locking arm out.
6. Align the second piece of cardboard against the bottom edge of the base piece of cardboard.
7. Carefully glue the second piece of cardboard to the first, being careful not to glue any of the leg or locking arm.
8. Let the glue dry.
9. Once the glue is dry, take the locking arm and fold over the back of the leg.
That’s it! Now you have a great paper easel for your kid to present with. This can easily be folded up and put away for future projects as well, so the next time they wait until the last moment to tell you about a project, you’ll be ready!
Momentum Content Creation
We are a group of freelance writers, ready to share our lives and our expertise with our readers!